Sunday 23 November 2014

A funny thing happened...


On Friday I drove in to the city, did the handover at X’s place and headed a couple of suburbs away to have dinner with some of the team members from FLOW International (the Australian-based aid agency that delivers education and clean water into remote areas of Pakistan, which I'm a part of).

For no particular reason I was sitting at the head of the table, facing the street. At one point I looked out of the window and, at that exact moment, Y – the Other Woman in my life – walked past.

If you haven’t read the majority of my blog posts, you may not know that Y is the woman my ex-husband left me for, going on nine years ago. You may also have missed the fact that Y and I have had NO CONTACT in that time, aside from a couple of emails (the last one dating back to 2009).

Even though I have been dropping my boys to X every second Friday for all these years, I haven’t sighted her – NEVER. NOT EVEN ONCE. And there she was, casually strolling by.

I watched her wander out of view, commented to RC (my great friend and confidant) that I’d just seen Y for the first time since 2006, laughed at how unspectacular it was and immediately returned to discussing the important stuff – where FLOW should consider installing the next water-filtration plant and how long it would take for the food to arrive at our table.

The only remarkable thing about the scenario was that I felt ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NADA. ZIP.

It was no coincidence. I've been saying to X for the past few months how ridiculous it is that Y has continued to avoid me for so long, and that it will have to change at some point in the near future. The great and mystical Universe clearly agrees.

It’s very obviously time for us all to take a giant leap forward.

So, let's do this. 

Image via www.quotesfrenzy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment