Sunday 7 September 2014

Dear X, this one's for you...


It’s Father’s Day, so naturally my thoughts turn to my own dear Dad and to you – the much-loved father of our two sweet boys.

Since the day you walked out the door I have been privy to countless stories about hideous ex-husbands who don’t take the concept of shared parenting seriously. And when I look around at the endless sea of amazing single mums I know who are doing it really tough – and often completely solo – I feel extremely grateful that I chose you to have children with.

While we’ve had some pretty memorable ex moments over the years and don’t always see eye to eye, I completely trust you when it comes to parenting our boys, and I appreciate the fact that you have never ever shied away from fathering them. So far you've done a pretty great job of it.

They both adore you and – because we are eternally linked by them – there will always be a piece of my heart reserved just for you.

Our lovely boys, way back when...


HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment